1 O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!2 Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." Selah3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.4 To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.6 I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.7 Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.8 From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah***  This is a psalm written by King David while he was fleeing from his own son Absalom who uprised against him. (Read 2 Samuel 15-18 for the account). Torn between the feelings of anger, bitterness, betrayal... and love and kinship. The people who hurt us the most, are most often, the people we care most about. Where can we find the source of strength to forgive, the peace of heart to remain calm, the certainly of future to not take matters into our own hands to exact revenge?"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.
Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God!"
Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
1 O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!2 Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." Selah3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.4 To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.6 I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.7 Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.8 From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah***  This is a psalm written by King David while he was fleeing from his own son Absalom who uprised against him. (Read 2 Samuel 15-18 for the account). Torn between the feelings of anger, bitterness, betrayal... and love and kinship. The people who hurt us the most, are most often, the people we care most about. Where can we find the source of strength to forgive, the peace of heart to remain calm, the certainly of future to not take matters into our own hands to exact revenge?"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.
Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God!"
Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
By post:
Psalm 2: The Nations, Our Inheritance
Psalm 1: Secret of Fruitfulness and Prosperity
By month:
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
|
Sk's cell
Elkan
Dawn's Cell
Wai Mun
Credits
Layout: Mary
Adapted from: refuted
Icon: refuted
Host: blogger photobucket
|
dennis
jeremy chia
jeremy fong
bryan
gabriel
samuel
 Adopted Trees.
|
ShoutMix chat widget
|