Wednesday, January 23, 2008 @ 8:51 AM Psalm 23: He's Shepherd, I'm Sheep.. And Shepherd.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 耶 和 华 是 我 的 牧 者 , 我 必 不 致 缺 乏 。
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, 他 使 我 躺 卧 在 青 草 地 上 , he leads me beside quiet waters, 领 我 在 可 安 歇 的 水 边 。
3 he restores my soul. 他 使 我 的 灵 魂 苏 醒 , He guides me in paths of righteousness 为 自 己 的 名 引 导 我 走 义 路 。 for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 我 虽 然 行 过 死 荫 的 幽 谷 , I will fear no evil, 也 不 怕 遭 害 , for you are with me; 因 为 你 与 我 同 在 ; your rod and your staff, 你 的 杖 , 你 的 竿 , they comfort me. 都 安 慰 我 。
5 You prepare a table before me 在 我 敌 人 面 前 , in the presence of my enemies. 你 为 我 摆 设 筵 席 ; You anoint my head with oil; 你 用 油 膏 了 我 的 头 , my cup overflows. 使 我 的 福 杯 满 溢 。
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 我 一 生 一 世 必 有 恩 惠 慈 爱 随 着 我 ; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 我 且 要 住 在 耶 和 华 的 殿 中 , 直 到 永 远 。
***
Psalm 23 is probably the most loved and most dissected psalm. I added the chinese version because it's one of the most beautifully translated verses.
King David wrote this in remembrance of the time he was a shepherd boy, when he has put in charge of tending to his father's flock. Yet He recognised that God is the ultimate shepherd who oversees everything.
Many a times, we read this psalm in view of our relationship with God, where we are sheep taken care of by the Good Shepherd (whom Jesus claims himself to be).
John 10:11 "I am the goodshepherd. The goodshepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:14 "I am the goodshepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
We remember our fallibility and our tendency to stray away, and we thank God for His faithfulness.
Yet today God also reminded me, that just as King David, whom God put the whole nation of Israel as his flock, I too, have lives that God put under my charge.
God, help me to lay my life down for my sheep. Help me to know my sheep, and assist them to know me...
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 @ 8:51 AM Psalm 23: He's Shepherd, I'm Sheep.. And Shepherd.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 耶 和 华 是 我 的 牧 者 , 我 必 不 致 缺 乏 。
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, 他 使 我 躺 卧 在 青 草 地 上 , he leads me beside quiet waters, 领 我 在 可 安 歇 的 水 边 。
3 he restores my soul. 他 使 我 的 灵 魂 苏 醒 , He guides me in paths of righteousness 为 自 己 的 名 引 导 我 走 义 路 。 for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 我 虽 然 行 过 死 荫 的 幽 谷 , I will fear no evil, 也 不 怕 遭 害 , for you are with me; 因 为 你 与 我 同 在 ; your rod and your staff, 你 的 杖 , 你 的 竿 , they comfort me. 都 安 慰 我 。
5 You prepare a table before me 在 我 敌 人 面 前 , in the presence of my enemies. 你 为 我 摆 设 筵 席 ; You anoint my head with oil; 你 用 油 膏 了 我 的 头 , my cup overflows. 使 我 的 福 杯 满 溢 。
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 我 一 生 一 世 必 有 恩 惠 慈 爱 随 着 我 ; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 我 且 要 住 在 耶 和 华 的 殿 中 , 直 到 永 远 。
***
Psalm 23 is probably the most loved and most dissected psalm. I added the chinese version because it's one of the most beautifully translated verses.
King David wrote this in remembrance of the time he was a shepherd boy, when he has put in charge of tending to his father's flock. Yet He recognised that God is the ultimate shepherd who oversees everything.
Many a times, we read this psalm in view of our relationship with God, where we are sheep taken care of by the Good Shepherd (whom Jesus claims himself to be).
John 10:11 "I am the goodshepherd. The goodshepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:14 "I am the goodshepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
We remember our fallibility and our tendency to stray away, and we thank God for His faithfulness.
Yet today God also reminded me, that just as King David, whom God put the whole nation of Israel as his flock, I too, have lives that God put under my charge.
God, help me to lay my life down for my sheep. Help me to know my sheep, and assist them to know me...