Sunday, January 6, 2008 @ 1:12 AM Psalm 6: Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave?
6 I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.
8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.
***
I always remembered this event from my army BMT days.
While I was physically in a good condition during my BMT, there's one major obstacle that I struggled with. The SOC (Standard Obstacle Course).
600 meters of run-down in Skeleton Battle Order (the webbing that carries your ammo and water bottles) and rifle, clear the obstacles, then run another 700meters, all within 10.30mins.
I struggled as I was relatively short, and my hands are small too. I had great difficulty gripping the monkey bars as the additional weight would cause me to slip off the bar.
It was so bad that I remembered one weekend after I came back home, I was applying medication to my palms which was badly blistered and the skin torn off below the fingers, and... CRIED and cried and cried.
I remembered that moment well, because it was a feeling of total hopelessness and despair: God! Will I ever pass my BMT???????????????????????
While later I managed to find a way to work around my physical disadvantage, this event was etched deep into my mind, and will surface whenever I faced in my life, a seemingly insurmountable challenge or struggle.
The psalmist encourages us with these eternal truths: 1) God's love is UNFAILING 2) The LORD hears 3) His help may be just that moments away (verse 10).
Sunday, January 6, 2008 @ 1:12 AM Psalm 6: Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave?
6 I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.
8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.
***
I always remembered this event from my army BMT days.
While I was physically in a good condition during my BMT, there's one major obstacle that I struggled with. The SOC (Standard Obstacle Course).
600 meters of run-down in Skeleton Battle Order (the webbing that carries your ammo and water bottles) and rifle, clear the obstacles, then run another 700meters, all within 10.30mins.
I struggled as I was relatively short, and my hands are small too. I had great difficulty gripping the monkey bars as the additional weight would cause me to slip off the bar.
It was so bad that I remembered one weekend after I came back home, I was applying medication to my palms which was badly blistered and the skin torn off below the fingers, and... CRIED and cried and cried.
I remembered that moment well, because it was a feeling of total hopelessness and despair: God! Will I ever pass my BMT???????????????????????
While later I managed to find a way to work around my physical disadvantage, this event was etched deep into my mind, and will surface whenever I faced in my life, a seemingly insurmountable challenge or struggle.
The psalmist encourages us with these eternal truths: 1) God's love is UNFAILING 2) The LORD hears 3) His help may be just that moments away (verse 10).