NEW AND REVAMPED
Warriors Of Light
Monday, January 7, 2008 @ 7:40 AM
Psalm 8: Why me?.

1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

***

I do not know if you have been in love before, but even if you have not, I am sure you have seen romance scenes in movies or TV serials where the female lead actress would ask the male lead actor,

"Honey, why do you love me?"

Recently I have been asked this question too by concerned friends "Why do you like this girl?"
The standard response from me was to list out all the qualities I know about her that I find attractive. I liked the girl because I found character traits in her that is worth my liking.

But God is not like that.

Ever asked God...
"You, the Creator of all things, why do You choose to love me?"
"You could have chosen the angels or the stars or something more majestic to love... why me?"

The psalmist says it so beautifully:
" When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?"

Why me?

God says:
I love you because I love you.

You love me just because You love me
You love me for eternity
All the time we have together
O Lord is just not enough

My first love
My heart’s desire
My life of worship
Is only You

Labels: