1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Selah
5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin.
Selah
6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
while you may be found;
surely when the mighty waters rise,
they will not reach him.
7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him.
11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
sing, all you who are upright in heart!
***
When I was young, I used to be crazy over this computer game called "
Lemmings".
It's a classic, and if you are someone who grew up as the "pioneer generation" of the computer era, and know what DOS stands for (and can operate it), then you should have played this game before.
In it, you are supposed to guide to safety, a bunch of really brainless lemmings. "Brainless", because
they will stupidly walk in one direction until they hit an obstacle and turn back, or they walk straight off the edge of the cliff to their death!This psalm reminds me of this game.
Aint we the ones who often mindlessly, brainlessly and blatantly go against God's will?!
Do we seek Holy Spirit's counsel, guidance and teaching on which way to go? Or are we "like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle"?Meaning that we simply dont want to seek God's direction, and He has to allow consequences to shape, direct and discipline us!
Which way have you gone, in the last 1 month of this season of intimacy?It's a good time to take a step back and reflect where we are.
1) Have you drawn closer to the Lord in intimacy through His Word? (ie. How is your QT? Has it grown in quality and consistency?)2) If yes, what can you do to take you to a higher level?3) If no, what is obstructing you? How would you want to remove this obstacle and have a breakthrough?Have a good time reflecting through this month with God!
Labels: Journey Through Psalms