Picture from (http://lkirchner.de/alps/bergamo_alps/401_near_pizzo_di_petto.jpg) The Psalms very helpful in seeking God, because we get different glimpses of "who God is" so that we can seek Him.
There is a difference between the God "who is" & the God "we want". So unless the Holy Spirit leads and guides us through the scriptures to reveal to us who God is, we will not head in the right direction when we "seek" Him.   A higher rock, a tent of refuge, a strong tower. Who is God to you? (Personally I've been meditating on "rock higher than I". Personal failure to seek God shows that deep down inside somewhere, I trust myself more than God. I'm reflecting on when and how I've become the "higher rock")
*** [My thoughts]
I had the privilege to have visited a number of mountains in my life. Whistler (in Vancouver, Canada) Zhu Gu (in LiJiang, China) 玉龙雪山 (in LiJiang, China) Blue Mountains (near Sydney, Australia) Plus my attempts to climb Mt Kinabalu in Sarawak and more recently, Gunung Datuk near Malacca. Mountains always intrigue me. You get to see a whole new and different perspective from the top. "I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."Of course as we trust in God, Holy Spirit will give us the revelation to see things from the spiritual point of view, be it why you are struggling with the sin you find it hard to break free from, be it the difficult situation you are in now, be it that prayer that you have kept praying but there is no answer and you have to wait. You understand God's point of view and you have the peace in your heart to accept things as they are, now. Yet I believe God has also put another rock that's higher than us, to encourage us. "For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name."We have a rich legacy of heros of our faith, people who has walked with God in the past and did mighty exploits for God as they relied on him. These served to encourage us and strengthen our steps as we run our own race. Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
They have ran and finished the race strong. Let's finish strong too!
Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
Picture from (http://lkirchner.de/alps/bergamo_alps/401_near_pizzo_di_petto.jpg) The Psalms very helpful in seeking God, because we get different glimpses of "who God is" so that we can seek Him.
There is a difference between the God "who is" & the God "we want". So unless the Holy Spirit leads and guides us through the scriptures to reveal to us who God is, we will not head in the right direction when we "seek" Him.   A higher rock, a tent of refuge, a strong tower. Who is God to you? (Personally I've been meditating on "rock higher than I". Personal failure to seek God shows that deep down inside somewhere, I trust myself more than God. I'm reflecting on when and how I've become the "higher rock")
*** [My thoughts]
I had the privilege to have visited a number of mountains in my life. Whistler (in Vancouver, Canada) Zhu Gu (in LiJiang, China) 玉龙雪山 (in LiJiang, China) Blue Mountains (near Sydney, Australia) Plus my attempts to climb Mt Kinabalu in Sarawak and more recently, Gunung Datuk near Malacca. Mountains always intrigue me. You get to see a whole new and different perspective from the top. "I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."Of course as we trust in God, Holy Spirit will give us the revelation to see things from the spiritual point of view, be it why you are struggling with the sin you find it hard to break free from, be it the difficult situation you are in now, be it that prayer that you have kept praying but there is no answer and you have to wait. You understand God's point of view and you have the peace in your heart to accept things as they are, now. Yet I believe God has also put another rock that's higher than us, to encourage us. "For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name."We have a rich legacy of heros of our faith, people who has walked with God in the past and did mighty exploits for God as they relied on him. These served to encourage us and strengthen our steps as we run our own race. Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
They have ran and finished the race strong. Let's finish strong too!
Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
By post:
Psalm 60: Battle Belongs to God
Sustaining the Effort
For the music or for God?
God is good
Just Checking In
Psalm 59: God's Grace Is Sufficient
Psalm 58: Rule in Justice
Psalm 57: Steadfast Heart
Apologies for delay
Psalm 56: Reactive or Proactive Faith?
By month:
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
|
Sk's cell
Elkan
Dawn's Cell
Wai Mun
Credits
Layout: Mary
Adapted from: refuted
Icon: refuted
Host: blogger photobucket
|
dennis
jeremy chia
jeremy fong
bryan
gabriel
samuel
 Adopted Trees.
|
ShoutMix chat widget
|