1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. 4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. 5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. 7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll. 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." 9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly. 11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me. 12 For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. 13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me. 14 May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. 15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame. 16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!" 17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.***
I recount this incident today during your CNY visit, when Bryan mentioned about hamsters not liking it when you change their bedding, because all the seeds they stored will be lost. Remember I immediately mentioned about this one time when I was changing the bedding of my male hamster at the hostel, I discovered he stored a lot of seeds in the plastic house? And I threw it away anyway, since I have plenty of fresh seeds for him. In the same way, think about this: If my hamster is storing up the seeds to offer to me, how would I feel? Maybe a laugh and a pet on its back: Good hamster, knows how to appreciate the owner. Relate it back to our relationship with God. 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced (or opened); burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.For all the sacrifices and offerings we can bring to God, what is it that He does not have? What is God looking for then? 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."You know, I would feel good if my hamster can feel my mood, comfort me when I am sad, rejoice with me when I am happy. Sadly hamsters are low intelligence creatures, which is why people like to keep dogs, who can somehow "feel" their owner. To God, we are worth much more than any hamsters or dogs because we are created in God's image. But do we feel what God feels?Be burdened by what burdens Him?Do we want to do God's will?Do we hide God's law in our heart?Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. 4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. 5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. 7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll. 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." 9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly. 11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me. 12 For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. 13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me. 14 May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. 15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame. 16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!" 17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.***
I recount this incident today during your CNY visit, when Bryan mentioned about hamsters not liking it when you change their bedding, because all the seeds they stored will be lost. Remember I immediately mentioned about this one time when I was changing the bedding of my male hamster at the hostel, I discovered he stored a lot of seeds in the plastic house? And I threw it away anyway, since I have plenty of fresh seeds for him. In the same way, think about this: If my hamster is storing up the seeds to offer to me, how would I feel? Maybe a laugh and a pet on its back: Good hamster, knows how to appreciate the owner. Relate it back to our relationship with God. 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced (or opened); burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.For all the sacrifices and offerings we can bring to God, what is it that He does not have? What is God looking for then? 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."You know, I would feel good if my hamster can feel my mood, comfort me when I am sad, rejoice with me when I am happy. Sadly hamsters are low intelligence creatures, which is why people like to keep dogs, who can somehow "feel" their owner. To God, we are worth much more than any hamsters or dogs because we are created in God's image. But do we feel what God feels?Be burdened by what burdens Him?Do we want to do God's will?Do we hide God's law in our heart?Labels: Journey Through Psalms
|
|
|
By post:
Psalm 39
Psalm 39: Fleeting
Psalm 38: Dont Leave Me
Psalm 37
Psalm 37: Lessons From Oak Tree
Psalm 36: Pride Before The Fall
Psalm 35
Psalm 35: Battle-sheep
Psalm 33: 听天由命
Psalm 32: The Forgiven Man
By month:
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
|
Sk's cell
Elkan
Dawn's Cell
Wai Mun
Credits
Layout: Mary
Adapted from: refuted
Icon: refuted
Host: blogger photobucket
|
dennis
jeremy chia
jeremy fong
bryan
gabriel
samuel
 Adopted Trees.
|
ShoutMix chat widget
|