NEW AND REVAMPED
Warriors Of Light
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 @ 4:50 PM
Psalm 106: Roller Coaster.

Learning to set my heart right and balance spending time to reflect and chew on God's Word.
As you have noticed, this blog has dried up since I started a new season at work.
But God has been telling me it need not be so.

Let me try blogging twice a week for a start.
I hope that you all can help to chip in too. =)

As I have always said, it takes a team to sustain an effort. The era of 1 single spiritual "rambo" has ended since Elijah was taken up to heaven.
Rambos "die hard". Look at the story of Elijah suffering a burnout after a resounding victory are Mount Carmel (read 1 Kings 18-19)
We are in the era where God moves through the body ministry. Let's learn to rise up and support one another =)
I need your support too.

***
Read about Ps YC's posting on "repeated sin" - Psalm 106: Save Us & Set Us Apart.
http://pascoaman.blogspot.com/2008/04/psalm-106-set-us-apart.html

***
This psalm is a concise history of the nation of Israel, from Moses generation right up to the time when the nation of Judah was destroyed.

As I read through the psalm, one thing that stood out like a sore thumb is the "yo-yo" or "rollercoaster" syndrome displayed by the Israelites.

Sin -> Turn away from God -> God intervened -> Turn back to God -> Sin -> and so on...

I was reflecting: Hey doesnt it describe most of our christian walk?

Dont you find it tiring? Sian?
Where is the victory?
Where is the abundant life or fullness of the Holy Spirit that God promised when we believe in Him?

I believe the key lies in verse 3
3 Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.

The Message bible makes it even more clear:
"You're one happy man when you do what's right,
one happy woman when you form the habit of justice."

As I learned from my PCCG head today, he said something very profound.
"When we correct the students' misbehaviour, we must reinforce what is the right thing to do.
Then we can go deeper and touch on their value system."

Sometimes we sin, and our leaders represent God to come in and correct our behaviour.
We may not understand the rational now, but we will be blessed if we submit and repent.
The understanding will come later, when we persist in doing right until it becomes a habit in us. That's when God will use the habit forming process to convict our hearts and change us from inside out.

Let's form the habit of justice.

Labels: