NEW AND REVAMPED
Warriors Of Light
Sunday, April 27, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
Psalm 115: Who Do You Trust?.

Today Senior Pastor talked about the Fear of the Lord.

Sometimes, we do not know if we have the fear of the Lord in different areas of our lives.
ie. Is there fear of the Lord in...
1) My studies / career?
2) My attitudes and behaviour?
3) My BGR?
4) My family?
etc

I have a simple litmus test:
What you fear, you trust.

"You who fear him, trust in the LORD—
he is their help and shield."

Meaning, when rubber hits the road (ie. when the crunch time comes), what would you choose to trust?
Is it God, or something else?

Example:
I can know I dont fear God that much, if I choose to squeeze 2-3 hours to study instead of coming church or attending cell or doing QT, even though I know that 2-3 hours of studies wont make that much of a difference.

Example:
I know I dont fear God that much, when I am rude to my parents when conflict arises, although the bible says very clearly to obey and honour our parents.

Example:
I know I dont fear God that much, when I like a non-christian girl and choose to make advances to her, even though the bible warns us not to get into unyoked relationships.

Crunch times really tests our hearts where our fear lies.

While we dont go into self-condemning mode when we failed during these crunch times, let's all learn to develop the fear of the Lord in our lives by surrendering and trusting God more and more.

Labels: