The bible reading for today is John 9. I hope you guys are reading it too! The verse which caught me was 39-41. 39 Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
At first, I couldn't really understand what it meant. I tried reading it a few more times, but to no avail. I decided to wait a day before return back to it at night during spending time with God. I think that the blind refers to pre believers, while those who can see refers to the people who think they know God well. Jesus came to the world to give light to the pre believers. He also came to "blind" those who can see. Maybe this "blind" means to humble those who can see that they do not know that much about God after all. Jesus need's to "blind" them so that they will yearn and thirst for the light ( Jesus ) amidst the darkness even more. This is just like the Pharisees in the verses. The Pharisees are very rich in Bible knowledge, so they think that they know God alot. Thus, they " claim they can see". Let us not be complacent about what we are now, but yearn for God even more. God Bless!
|
|
|
The bible reading for today is John 9. I hope you guys are reading it too! The verse which caught me was 39-41. 39 Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
At first, I couldn't really understand what it meant. I tried reading it a few more times, but to no avail. I decided to wait a day before return back to it at night during spending time with God. I think that the blind refers to pre believers, while those who can see refers to the people who think they know God well. Jesus came to the world to give light to the pre believers. He also came to "blind" those who can see. Maybe this "blind" means to humble those who can see that they do not know that much about God after all. Jesus need's to "blind" them so that they will yearn and thirst for the light ( Jesus ) amidst the darkness even more. This is just like the Pharisees in the verses. The Pharisees are very rich in Bible knowledge, so they think that they know God alot. Thus, they " claim they can see". Let us not be complacent about what we are now, but yearn for God even more. God Bless!
|
|
|
By post:
Chalet
John 4
Notes
May/June Holiday Plans
God's Dream Team
The other side of God
Wise Men, Or FOOLS?
I hide your Word in my heart
Psalm 115: Who Do You Trust?
Psalm 116: Death
By month:
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
|
Sk's cell
Elkan
Dawn's Cell
Wai Mun
Credits
Layout: Mary
Adapted from: refuted
Icon: refuted
Host: blogger photobucket
|
dennis
jeremy chia
jeremy fong
bryan
gabriel
samuel
 Adopted Trees.
|
ShoutMix chat widget
|