NEW AND REVAMPED
Warriors Of Light
Thursday, July 3, 2008 @ 6:50 PM
Franciscan Benediction.

Today, I was blessed with brokenness from God. While I was broken, I did not fear because I know that God is working in me to shape me to be more and more like Him. There were moments when I felt great despair and hopelessness too, but I sought refuge in knowing that a broken and contrite spirit, God will not depise ( Haha everyone's saying that ).

God, I pray that you will break me more and more, for in my brokenness, there is victory.

The Franciscan Benediction in our prayer and fasting booklet is really meaningful:

May God bless you with discomfort
At easy answers, half-truths, and superficial relationships
So that you may live deep within your heart

May God bless you with anger
At injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people,
So that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.

May God bless you with tears
To shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger and war,
So that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and
To turn their pain into joy.

And may God bless you with enough foolishness
To believe that you can make a difference in the world,
So that you can do what others claim cannot be done
To bring justice and kindness to all our children and the poor.

Amen.

Dear Lord, I want to be blessed with discomfort, anger, tears, and foolishness, in this 40 days of prayer and fasting!