NEW AND REVAMPED
Warriors Of Light
Thursday, July 3, 2008 @ 10:07 PM
Week 1 Reflections: Get Real.

Mark 7:6-7 (The Message)
Jesus answered, "Isaiah was right about frauds like you, hit the bull's-eye in fact:

These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
but their heart isn't in it.

They act like they are worshiping me,
but they don't mean it.

They just use me as a cover
for teaching whatever suits their fancy,

Ditching God's command
and taking up the latest fads."

How would you feel if someone pays you lip service, saying that they will get the things done, but not actually wanting to do it.
As a teacher, I have students who pay me lip service, even in a good school, and I get pretty upset with them. Like promising to do their homework, but come back uncompleted and giving excuses they are "too busy" and "forget".

I get upset because I feel they do not take my words seriously.
Sometimes, I think that's how God feels towards us.
Very frustrated because we dont take Him seriously.

What is true worship? When our attention is solely focused on Jesus.
What is true fasting? When the reason we fast is to please Him and deny ourselves.

To be honest, every time I come to church, every time I attend cell group, and even every time I lead you guys, I have to confess that there are times it's a drag / chore / burden / joyless event / wish that time pass quickly so that I can go back and do my own things / (fill in your own blank ________).

In reading these 3 days' prayer and fast devotion, God caused me to examine the basics of my faith.

1. What is the state of my love for Him.
Am I still in church because it has became a routine and a duty, or am I passionate about Him?
In the same way, are we doing QT out of routine or being serious about knowing God?

2. What is the motivation why I serve.
Is it to maintain a facade of being a "pious person" or is it reciprocating out of abundance of His love?
In the same way, are we coming to church regularly because our parents want us to, or are we allowing God to transform us through the church services?

3. When I approach my work (teaching), is it out of a calling or has it degenerated to a livelihood?
As I am spending the majority of my time working, is God the lord of my Work, or Work the lord of my God? Who is sitting at this major throne of my life? Am I surrendering and seeking His direction?
Who do we serve? God or the world?

Too many times, in so many ways, I know in areas of my life I have been self-seeking.
It's time to repent, stop treating God as a vending machine and be God-seeking and God-fearing.

May God also ask you these pointed questions lovingly, and convict you to get real in your walk with Him.

Labels: